Community Uses – Miner Hall
- We share space and support AA group meetings during the week.
- The local elementary school’s 8th graders and the high school’s AFS student exchange program are honored at the church.
Local Giving Opportunities
Here are some of our other local outreach programs.
- Monthly food collection for local food pantry
- Falls Village Fuel Fund
- Falls Village Social Services
- Thanksgiving meal baskets for town families
- Christmas food/gifts for town families
The Warm Woolies Project has been exciting due to the fact that it was the idea of a new member and has subsequently involved many local community people, of all ages, as well as our church members.
Soldier Support is continuing as our soldiers are sent boxes of wanted/needed items.
For the Mekele School for the Blind in Ethiopia, we make, fill and send individual hygiene bags for students, walking sticks and stuffed animals. Local Kellogg School students help by collecting the stuffed animals!
The Heifer International Project has involved our youth each year. They have come up with ways to collect the money and are responsible for counting the amount and deciding on the “purchases” to be made. They have also participated in the events at the Heifer Farm in Rutland, MA. This year our goal is a whole ark! Heifer Project